Do I need a shooters license and SSAA membership?

Yes. All members of your hunting party must be licensed and insured by SSAA to hunt. You need to show your licence and SSAA membership to the property owner on arrival. If you do not supply this information you may not be allowed to hunt and may not be allowed on the property.

Why do I need SSAA Membership?

SSAA membership covers all hunters for liability and personal accident insurance. Please visit SSAA Insurance Brokers or call 0883 320 281 for more information.

Are dogs or motorbikes permitted on the property?

At this stage no property allows hunters to bring dogs. Three property owners allow quad bikes (Barraba 2, Barraba 4 and Boomi). If any of this changes, the website will be updated with new information. The information in each property description details most of what you would need to know. If you need to ask anything else please email bookhch@gmail.com. If you would like us to call you, send your phone number and we can call you to answer any questions you have.

Do I need a 4WD to access the properties?

Yes, all hunting properties are 4WD access only.

Do I need to bring my own food and water?

You are responsible for all your own food supplies. There’s plenty of drinking water but if you want anything else you’ll need to bring it. If hunters cause damage to any property or death or injury to any livestock, they are liable to reimburse the property owner the full amount owed. Police may be notified of any dangerous or reckless behavior. If property owners have any trouble with hunters not adhering to decent codes of conduct or following their guidelines for hunting protocol, the hunters will be asked to leave and will not be able to book through us again.

Is there anything else I need to take with me?

Besides your shooting license, club membership and food supplies, it’s a good idea to bring a first aid kit, recovery gear, spare tyres, tools and fuel. All listed properties have drinking water but it’s a good idea to bring a supply of drinking water for emergency back up.

All the properties with self-contained cottages have fridges, ovens, cooking utensils, cutlery and plates. You will need to bring your own sheets, towels, blankets and pillows. If you’re staying in one of the shearing sheds, it’s best to pack full camping kit. All the shearing sheds have power, fridges, BBQs and running water, and some have other amenities. See individual listings for details.

What do we do with our rubbish?

There is no rubbish removal at any of our properties. Property owners will appreciate if you put your rubbish in a garbage bag and take it with you. This will prevent it from attracting rats, mice or cockroaches. If you don’t have any bags, they can supply one. Remember that you have been given permission to hunt on the property owner’s land; simply do the right thing by them.

How do I book and pay?

You will need to fill in the form on the contact page, ensuring that you include the following details:

  • Name
  • Phone
  • Email
  • Property you wish to book
  • The dates you’d wish to book it for
  • The number of people in your hunting party

You will get an email back to confirm dates, numbers and cost. Once the booking has been arranged, you pay a $100 non-refundable deposit by bank deposit to secure your booking.

Once deposit has been made and booking confirmed, you will be given the contact details of the property owner and you deal directly with them from there onwards. The remaining cost is paid in cash to the property owner when you arrive at the property. They will supply maps and show you around the place. If you have any other questions about booking, please email with your name and contact phone number so we can call you.

What do I do if I need to change my booking?

Email bookhch@gmail.com if you need to make any changes. If you cancel your booking, your deposit is non-refundable. We will try to move your booking to another time if you want to rebook for a different date. To do this, you need to give plenty of notice so the property can be rebooked by another hunting party.

Why do some properties have different ‘Minimum Booking’ prices?

The minimum price of each property reflects the quality of the property, with regard to the available game, the size/features of the accommodation, and the overall hunting experience. A higher price indicates better hunting and accommodation. Each of our properties have their own advantages, so get in touch with us for more information. We can help you determine which property is suited to your group.

Do you charge trophy fees?

High Country Hunting properties do not charge trophy fees.